Friday, November 14, 2014

I Run For ....

We recently discovered a community group called I Run for Michael and I wanted to tell you about it because I think some of you might really enjoy it!

I Run for Michael is an international community group where individuals run (or exercise) on behalf of special needs children and adults who aren't able to run on their own. It is an incredibly supportive community and Claire has already been matched with a runner!  His name is Tony and he lives in Kentucky, how fun is that?!

There is also a group for siblings, they call them the "unsung heroes," so that, at least in this small way, they can feel included and special. I have registered to run on behalf of a sibling and am anxiously waiting for my match!

I would love to encourage any of my runner friends who could use a little extra motivation [and inspiration!] to run or exercise to consider joining us.


There is about a 4-month waiting period to be matched with a special needs child as there are WAY more runners than special needs children registered [isn't that AMAZING?!!!]. Sibling runners are being matched with a buddy right away as there is a greater need for runners in that group.

Have a blessed evening friends <3.  I hope that is able to bless and encourage some of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment